haha, okay. so I’m pretty confident that my open source speed controller design is pretty much finished. Maybe some minor tweaks in the future, but otherwise pretty good. Of course I could have made some huge electronics mistake when i was designing it, but i dont know for sure.
I guess i will just have to test it out, and figure out how to program the arduino code for it.
Too bad i didn’t finish adding reverse voltage protection, or a current sensing. Although i did add an I2C port, so a current sensing circuit could be added on later i suppose….
anyway, yeah. Just a Eagle CAD design right now, but i hope soon i will actually have a real one in my hands to tinker with. It would be even cooler if someone like SparkFun Electronics used my design to make a commercial version. I think it would do well with the annual sparkfun autonomous vehicle competition’s they hold. here is the forum to follow any new progress…
EDIT: …The design is supposed to use N-channel mosfets… but…in eagle cad i thought i used an N-channel (it even it said it was), but it turns out it was a P-channel. So, my prototype v.0.1 or whatever doesn’t work at all. Anyway.. i fixed it now. https://keen101.wordpress.com/2010/03/06/xyzzy-design-flaw-grrrr/